5 Signs You are Ready to Add Nutritional Products into Your Weight Loss Practice
— By Karol Clark, MSN, RN
Quality nutritional products are a great way to grow your practice and help your patients lose weight. Is this something you and your team are considering? Here are 5 signs you are ready to add nutritional products into your weight loss practice.
Perhaps offering nutritional products in your weight loss practice wasn’t in the original vision you had for your practice or, perhaps it was a part of your vision all along and you are wondering if it is the right time to implement them. Either way — whether you have single or multiple locations — including nutritional products as a part of your program can be very beneficial for you and your patients. If any of the indicators listed below resonate with you, now may be the perfect time to integrate them into your weight loss practice.
1. You Feel Ready to Grow Your Practice
While it can be anxiety producing, expanding your business can open up new opportunities, create excitement and generate more revenue than you imagine possible. And while you need to be financially prepared for expanding your business, when integrated properly, nutritional products have been shown to provide a fairly quick return on your investment. Adding nutritional products is a great way for you to scale quickly because they:
- Provide you with an additional revenue stream that contributes positively to your bottom line.
- Allow you to attract new clients — especially when integrated with your plans and programs for convenience, faster weight loss and improved outcomes.
- Give your patients another reason to keep coming back and referring family and friends who can also benefit from what you offer.
So, if you feel ready to grow your practice, incorporating delicious nutrition products can be a predictable way to make it happen.
2. Your Patients Desire Quality Nutrition Products
Your patients trust you and your team to help them achieve their weight loss goals. They want and need your prescription for weight loss. This includes everything you offer that will help them overcome their barriers to success — things such as your professional assessment, testing, diagnosis, accountability, education, engagement, motivation, coaching, support, medication, services and products. Your patients want a predictable outcome as well as a simple, convenient and satisfying eating plan.
Nutrition products are an excellent way to help them attain what they want most. And, you are in a unique position. As a weight loss clinician, you can provide them with the highest quality, best tasting products available on the market — yet only available through a weight loss clinician. Which is far better than most of the inferior alternatives they are likely already purchasing from somewhere else. So, if you believe your patients desire quality nutrition products, it is a sign that it may be time to integrate quality, great tasting nutrition products into your programs and practice.
3. You Have a Team Member Willing to Take the Lead
Offering nutrition products to your patients requires effort and planning. However, there are turnkey programs available for easy integration. As easy as this may be, you will do yourself a favor by having your team on board. If you have a team member willing to take the lead, this is a sign that you are ready to add nutrition products to your weight loss practice.
If you do not have someone willing to take this role, make an inquiry as to who may be willing to coordinate the project. This will help with product selection, plan implementation and creating a product ordering, marketing and sales system for ongoing success. It is important to realize that they will not be alone. For example, Robard, a leading provider of medically-supervised weight loss program and scientifically-designed nutrition products, provides expert advice every step of the way.
4. You & Your Team are Willing to Promote the Benefits of Your Products
It is not enough to add nutrition products to your weight loss practice. You must also taste test products to determine what you will carry, integrate them into your plans and programs, and promote the benefits honestly and openly with your current and prospective patients onsite and online. It is helpful if you and your team use your products and understand the many benefits for your patients such as:
- Better Results: Research shows that use of meal replacements lead to significantly greater weight loss after a year than conventional diets.1 In some cases, this difference of those that lost and maintained at least five percent of their initial body weight with use of meal replacements was 74 percent compared to 33 percent for those on a reduced calorie diet with their own selected foods. This is a considerable difference.
- Built-in Portion Control: This gives your patients a visual re-education for good portion sizes with the ease of having calories and macronutrient (protein, carbohydrate, fat) calculated accurately for better tracking.
- Convenient & Saves Time: Meal replacements are convenient and easily accessible. They require very little preparation in most cases. This makes them perfect when traveling or working.
- Balanced Nutrition: Practitioner prescribed meal replacements are nutritionally balanced with the optimal macronutrient and micronutrient balance that also contribute to enhanced satiety.
- Delicious: Since you taste test everything, you and your team can be sure you have selected the best of the best for your patients.
- Saves Money: With the average meal replacement cost less than $5.00, this provides your patients with a cost savings when compared to purchase of most meals/beverages for the average American.
If you need tips for easy promotion, here is a blog that will help!
5. You Want to Stand Out from Your Competition
If you want to stand out from your competition, this is another sign you are ready to add nutrition products to your practice. Offering high quality nutritional products that are “practitioner prescribed” and not available in other local stores provides you with a unique opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competitors. It also gives you another fun topic to share on social media and in your engaging newsletters to your patients.
Nutrition products also provide you with a way to package your programs for unique offers your patients can’t resist. And they are an inexpensive way to attract and thank referral sources such as physicians and patients with a healthy product that they will enjoy. Integration of nutrition products can be a great way to stand out!
If one or more of these signs resonate with you, there’s no time like the present to put your plan into motion. If you aren’t sure where to get started, the team at Robard can walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.